ATLAS INTERNATIONAL SECURITY
INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES, INC.
Is a private security guard agency established in 1992 that is licensed to conduct business in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Within these regions, our clients have stated five key advantages that lead them to choose us as their provider of security guard services:
With over 23 years of providing reliable, trustworthy and professional security guard services to an array of clients, Atlas International Security performs a variety of security services. One segment of our services, the patrol sector, includes, but is not limited to mobile patrol, foot patrol, bicycle patrol and, soon to come, patrols on Segway Personal Transporters. Within the government sector, Atlas has provided armed Special Police Officers as well as unarmed Security Guards. Within the private sector, Atlas predominantly provides unarmed Security Guards. Atlas performs in a variety of capacities, including, but not limited to control access, operating electronic and hydraulic vehicle barriers and monitoring magnetometers.
Atlas International Security utilizes the MITC computer accessed clock-in system to insure that our guards arrive on post at the appointed time. The caller I.D. system receives the arrival and departure times of the officers as they clock-in and out. In the event that a guard does not clock in on time, an automatic no show paging alert goes out to the field supervisors notifying them. Our field inspection supervisors are responsible for confirming that guards stay on post and are alert by conducting unannounced site inspections. Also during the evening and midnight hours all guards are required to call in hourly at our 24 hour command post. A supervisor will be immediately dispatched to a site if the guard is non responsive. The guards are also required to make detailed log reports to account for their activities (i.e. time of rounds, safety hazards, and other pertinent details) while on post. All guards will make rounds every thirty minutes (or per the post instructions) using the “GUARD ONE” guard touring system wherever installed. Monthly supervisor evaluations are done on all guards to confirm that the guards are performing their duties per the scope of work and post orders. To ensure that the guards assigned to the site meet the requirements of the contract, we will:
• Request original documents (i.e., high school diploma, GED)
• Require potential employees to demonstrate their writing ability during the hiring process
• Conduct criminal background checks using the Maryland State Police Licensing Division and the Metropolitan Police Department’s Security Officers Management Branch
• Check previous employment records with regards to suitability and experience verification
• Insure that all Site Supervisors and support guards are CPR and First Aid Certified
• Conduct full physicals of all potential guards for employment
• Insure that all licenses and certifications are up to date
Our main goal in quality control is client satisfaction and excellent customer service and these goals are met by using the following to identify and correct deficiencies in the quality of service before the level of performance becomes unacceptable:
• Direct contact with clients
• Periodically performing surprise inspections by field supervisors
• Continue to provide in service training in customer service to our entire staff.